Friday, March 14, 2014

Live it...

Workshops
Logo designed by Stewart Bremner

This week went by quite quickly! I must have been busy!

I am very excited that currently I am planning a series of four two hour workshops on the business aspect of art! I am looking forward to marketing this online as a subscription service. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time and I am so glad that everything came together so that I could finally sit down and start to prepare for this next adventure. The first course will be designed to be a bit of a taster and the following classes will be more in depth. However, each class is independent from each other so you can pick and choose which one or sequence is best for you! I promise it will be fun and you will feel better and more hopeful about your art career and armed with strategies that will help you in the future! I will keep you in the loop as things develop.

In other news this week, I shipped off my recent Etsy orders to England, France and Minnesota. Later in the week I had an impromptu spring sale of some of my older color works from 2004/5 and one that remained from 2009. I found 4 out of the 5 paintings new homes! It was lovely to connect with folks that were excited to get a larger piece of mine for a great price. I was so pleased. If you are in the market for a larger piece, 24x30" from 2005 I do have the one painting left. See below.

Always within
mixed media on canvas 24x30"
© 2005 Megan Chapman 
Now just $245
Installment plans are available

Last Saturday, "The Ghosts of the Past" exhibition came down, so I packed it up and have it back with me awaiting its next venue. I was given a rare treat this week when a patron of my project came by to visit. I was able to show her all the work, piece by piece and up close and describe the process behind the work. It was a beautiful experience and a true gift. I only get to do that every one in a while and it is always special when I do. It solidifies my connection to the work, the process and the memory of creating it. I always see something new and learn something each time. I like sharing the story and answering questions and being able to share the work one on one. There is nothing better, it is almost as if I am being seen for the first time, very life affirming. The work is an extension of myself and to be able to share that is a very intimate experience. It was a treasure in a busy week. This week was filled with gifts and my heart is very full.

Perhaps that is why last but certainly not least, I started to paint in my studio again this week. If you read my blog last week I am trying to come back to this attic studio and create new memories and energy within the space. It seems to be working. I just started on a 16x20" canvas using some of the colors that have always been my favorites. It is a bit like starting over again but with a security blanket of sorts. I will not judge it too harshly. I will just accept it as evidence of moving forward, even if it came in the wrappings of the past.

work in progress

And that is all I have for you this week! Busy week of a proper artist I'd say and I want more of those. Thank you all for your support of my work, life and passion.

Until next week, keep fighting! The world needs your art!


No comments:

Post a Comment