Friday, January 22, 2016

A love note : A reminder

small works in progress

I truly, deeply love the act of painting. I love the brushes, paint, canvas, and the charcoal. I love the lines and the charcoal dust as it hangs in the tooth of the canvas, the pigment as it glides across the surface. I love the drips and the smell of the paint. I love the moment when two colors pop and the energy contained in a painted stroke. I love the questioning and not knowing. I love the travels inside, while my hand keeps moving. I love the moment of beginning and the moment of completion. I love it when it all goes to hell and the moment a painting is reborn into something new. I love it all, truly, deeply. 

new small work : a transfer of energy

I love the studio space and the routine, the papers, rags, palettes and the crookneck lamps peering over my shoulder. I love all the places my mind goes and especially when it tells me the stories from the deep somewhere else. I love the music that guides me there. I love the words and titles that come to me. I love the endless possibilities. 

small works in progress

I love my dirty hands and splattered walls, clothes and shoes. I love the painters that are working all over the world, the still living and the dead. I love the famous ones and I love the forever unknowns. I love our thoughts and inspirations as they pass each other in the ether. 

new 20x16" in progress

This is my calling, this is my foundation, this is my soul coming home. I paint because my hands know what to do and my heart is wide open.

4 comments:

  1. Dear One,you are so awakened, and spiritually alive...creating a continual process of movement...mind gestating and then giving birth to beauty, life, always moving forward but even in the stillness the creative process continues. You are what you do - you do what you are, express creatively the awesomeness of soul, the unique Oneness of Being....Love you my dear Friend. Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and commenting, Antoinette. Your comment means so much to me, I will come back every now and then to re-read it when I need strength.

      Delete